National Grant Program provides Down Payment Assistance up to 3.5% for FHA Buyers
Good news for first-time homebuyers!!
Empowered Down Payment Assistance (DPA), a national grant program, provides 2% or 3.5% down payment assistance for homebuyers that meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First-Time Home Buyer
- Current or retired State or Federal Government employee
- Current or retired Medical Professional
Through the Federal Housing Administration (FHA) loan, homebuyers that meet at least one of the requirements listed above may qualify for a forgivable grant of up to 3.5% of the purchase price to use toward the down payment. And since an FHA mortgage loan only requires a 3.5% down payment, this is a great way to purchase your first home with little to no money coming from you for the down payment.
- Forgivable Grant – No Repayment Required
- Single Family or Two Unit properties only
- FHA Approved Condominiums ok
- Primary Residence Only – No Investors
- Available under the FHA 203(k) renovation loan as well
- 620 minimum credit score required
- Debt-to-Income ratio maximum 48.99%
- Non-occupying co-borrowers ok
- Up to 6% Seller concession for closing costs allowed
To see if the Empowered DPA program is right for you, please call or email us today. My team and I welcome the opportunity to be of service.
This article was provided by Joe Farella, industry expert and author of the award-winning book, “Insider Secrets to Home Buying Success”. Mr. Farella is also the Executive Vice President of American United Mortgage Corporation, Scotch Plains, NJ. For questions about your New Jersey home purchase, feel free to call Joe at 908.322.5423 or via email: email@example.com